Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

14 October 2012

Crazy Celebrations! - 31 DAYS OF CRAZY - 14 October 2012

I'm a party girl!  Although, maybe not in the "eyes of the world."  But, I love a good party. And, I love celebrating friends, dates, events, holidays, accomplishments, new chapters, successes, the value of a life gone on to heaven... you name it. There's enough craziness & negativity in the world... why NOT celebrate the good things - no matter how seemingly small or insignificant!?!?!



FAVORITE birthday card from a
college friend who still feels
like a sister!!
This past week was full of celebrating for me. It was birthday week! And, as I told one friend, "You couldn't pay me to say my age aloud.  But, I'll tell people behind me in the grocery store line that my birthday is that day!"  Birthdays aren't about AGE to me.  They are about celebrating the great things that happened in the last 365 days & looking forward to the great things that are sure to happen in the next 365 :)

There's something about celebrating too... it takes your mind off the things that can drag you down.  There's a verse in the Bible that says that worrying doesn't add one more moment to our lives.  And, I'm convinced that celebrating adds more LIFE to our days.  If we're focusing on celebrating something, we can't be focused on worry or fear.  Briefly glance down at the obstacles of life and then gaze up to the light & life that can direct you along life's path.

Party on Wayne... or whatever your name is :)



Go check out over 1200 topics
in the 31 days {of change} with...


His Words
(got this idea from Chase Tibbs' blog)
  • "Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?" Luke 12:25
  • "The master was full of praise. 'Well done, my good and faithful servant. You have been faithful in handling this small amount, so now I will give you many more responsibilities. Let's celebrate together! Matthew 25:21 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment