Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

24 September 2012

Conserving Energy

I'm conserving energy. Why? Because it seems to be in limited supply in my life lately. Is it really or are certain things stealing my energy? Do I begin each day with plenty of energy & squander it on non-worthy things (fretting, planning, speculating, etc.)?


Has anyone seen my energy?


The inability to "act" - my plague. The need of super energy for what the rest of the world does effortlessly - yep, that's me. Day after day after day of heartbreak & disappointment with not much of a hint for a better day in sight - BINGO! And yet, I faithfully list my "Joy Dares" daily & hold tightly to the memory of those moments of joy -- finding that they hold me up in the lowest of times & bring light into my darkness.

They say that hindsight is 20/20. But, I don't want to go much further in this unfocused frightening haze. The time traveling in the darkness of this fallen world has worn on me. Yet, this groping around in the dark has definitely heightened my sense of the presence of any light.

Where would I be without the mysteries of God... the peace that passes all understanding... the hope found in hopeless situations... His new mercies with the coming of each new day... the willing acceptance of whatever will come - no matter what!

I completely believe that God will give me the desires of my heart. But, in this time of trials, when in His presence, all I really KNOW is that I want Him to be glorified. Oh, don't get me wrong... I plead with Him for this to happen... and for that not to happen. I ask specifically for so many things & ask for them in the Name of Jesus. And, yet, before I can get to "Amen," I fall into His arms & surrender my will to His.

The Bible promises we will have the strength we need for each new day & that life won't dish out more than we can handle.

Apparently, the plan means I'm to be zapped of energy before 6pm & I can handle a lot!



Shared with the Ann Voskamp One Thousand Gifts community on 9/24/12

2 comments:

  1. Yes,daily life can drain out all energy! Which is why I need a nap every day when I get home from work. Who says naps are only for preschoolers?!I am glad that in everything you can see the gifts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Mari :) I agree with you... there's nothing like a nap to get back some lost energy. I am totally enjoying keeping my JoyDare List. Take a look at any of the months on my page :) Blessings!!

      Delete