Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

24 August 2012

Overwhelmed...

Today... I am... a tad OVERWHELMED...

Tonight & tomorrow is Women of Faith in downtown Indy. God's been whispering in my ear that THIS YEAR is going to be really special for Him. As a friend & I were saying yesterday, we never really KNOW what He has in store for us (and through us) when we are faithful to do what we are led to do or to be where we are led to be.




And me... I have about a MILLION things going on in my life lately. Some of my LOVED & CHERISHED friends are going through stressful & hectic times right now... really STRESSFUL & HECTIC times... even horrendous for a few of them. Some have had plans to go to Women of Faith & are having road blocks even today! I am dealing with so many things, I can't even begin the list. I KNOW THAT GOD IS IN ALL OF IT... I also believe that satan is trying to interfere.

I sent the above note to the women who serve with me on our Women's Ministries Leadership Team at Madison Park along with the following request:
May I please ask your prayers for all of those attending WoF this weekend. God is ready & willing to do a GOOD WORK through this weekend. Please pray that our eyes will be focused on Him instead of the stresses of this world. Please pray that we will reach out & be inclusive to those around us who NEED TO SEE JESUS!

I closed that note with:
My deepest gratitude!! I am so blessed to have so many Godly sisters who "have my back".
 The moment I hit SEND, my eyes were filled with tears.  Yes, I am overwhelmed... I'm overwhelmed by the love of God & my gratitude for the Godly sisters who walk life with me! Like my mama used to say, "There's strength & safety in numbers!"


"For where two or three gather together as my followers, I am there among them." Matthew 18: 20

(shared this post with the Ann Voskamp One Thousand Gift community)

gratitude... 
the thanksgiving precedes the miracle...


No comments:

Post a Comment