Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

27 August 2012

Life is for Sharing

A friend posted the picture below on Facebook. When I asked for her permission to share the picture & her words, she replied, "Feel free to share. Life is for sharing."
...where I learned a lot of life lessons

What she had shared with the picture stirred something within my heart:
These last couple of months, my husband and I have spent time looking ahead, after we married off our youngest daughter. However last week, I was taken back 30 years after the sudden death of my cousin's son. Oddly the only picture I took was on the starting line at Mountain Park Dragway. I stopped here on my drive out of Clay City, Kentucky. This is where I learned a lot of life lessons, so did my cousin's son, Joey. They closed the track this weekend in memory of him. 
What's happening around us in life often changes our focus.  As we enter into a new chapter, our focus is forward.  As we face a loss or radical change, often we look back.  There's no control over what will happen in our lives.  The only control we have is how we handle it.

Do we learn from what happens?  Do we grow from what happens? Do we look for good to come from the hard times?  Do we recognize & are we thankful for the "little" good things in life?

Where do we learn our life lessons?  Are we always open to learn more & become a better version of ourselves??

We need to share our lives with each other... 
  • to be honest with where we are & where we are headed Confess faults (failures, discouragements, etc.) one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. James 5:16a
  • to encourage others that there is a light at the end of the dark tunnel that life can be at time - He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us. 2 Corinthians 1:4
  • to reassure others that their efforts are not in vain - For you will be successful if you carefully obey the decrees and regulations that the LORD gave to Israel through Moses. Be strong and courageous; do not be afraid or lose heart! 1 Chronicles 22:13
  • to ease the burden of others Share each other's burdens, and in this way obey the law of Christ. Galatians 6:2
Life is for sharing!


Linking with Ann Voskamp - A Holy Experience today... 




No comments:

Post a Comment