Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

11 August 2012

A Safe Harbor

I believe that Christians need some sort of accountability structure in their lives.  

I have an accountability partner with whom I've met regularly for almost 17 years now - WOW!!  Over the years, some seasons we've met weekly... other seasons we've touch base 2-3 times a month.   She's not afraid to ask me the hard questions.  I'm not afraid to ask her the hard questions.  I feel completely free to tell her my deepest darkest secrets too :D I know she is praying for me - even when we don't speak regularly.  I am praying for her daily too!

I have a small group through the Worship Arts Ministry at my local church.  During the school months, we meet once a month (plus a few extra social meetings).  In the summers, we meet a few times socially. They aren't afraid to ask me the hard questions. And, I'm not afraid to ask them the hard questions.  We lovingly encourage each other to grow in grace... in Him!

It would be so easy for me to settle into my day to day life & not seek to grow or become "a better me" without the love & help of accountability friends.

It's important to find a SAFE place to open up.  And, personally, I believe that if you ask God to provide a safe harbor to open up to others... He will provide it. We need each other.  Ask Him to help you find a place of accountability, if you don't already have one.

Make this your common practice: Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you can live together whole and healed. The prayer of a person living right with God is something powerful to be reckoned with. Elijah, for instance, human just like us, prayed hard that it wouldn't rain, and it didn't—not a drop for three and a half years. Then he prayed that it would rain, and it did. The showers came and everything started growing again. James 5:16-18 The Message






No comments:

Post a Comment