|Friends don't let friends...|
end a vacation time without planning the next one :)
When I was a young child...
- ... be left off their invitation list for a birthday party or sleep over.
- ... walk home alone or get in cars with strangers.
- ... be mean to other kids - especially the new kids.
- ... watch a scary movie by themselves.
- ... ride home with guys they don't know.
- ... find out that their boyfriend is cheating on them by way of "school gossip".
- ... be in dangerous situations.
- ... continue to go out with someone who treats them horribly.
- ... try to hide the hurts & struggles either are facing.
- ... miss out on sound counsel they have to offer.
- ... lose the memory of who they really are.
- ... sacrifice their goals to fit in with the world.
- ... walk away without a goodbye.
NOTE TO SELF: FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS... SIT ALONE AT RESTAURANTS WONDERING IF THEY HAVE BEEN STOOD UP!
Will she forgive me? Yes.
Does that make what I did alright? NO.
Have I apologized? Yes.
Did she accept the apology? YES!!
Do I feel better? Only a little bit :/
Each day brings new challenges to be the friends that we ought to be. My saving grace is that I seem to have a lot of friends who understand my craziness. But, beyond that, I recognize the responsibility to try DAILY to be the best friend that I can be... in spite of my limitations.
Some great truths about friendship are below...
- A friend is always loyal... and born to help in time of need. Proverbs 17:17
- The heartfelt counsel of a friend is as sweet as perfume and incense. Proverbs 27:9
- There are "friends" who destroy each other, but a real friend sticks closer than a brother/sister. Proverbs 18:24