Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

12 July 2012

Friends Don't Let Friends...

We've all heard the saying, "Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Drunk." And, that makes perfect sense, doesn't it! It's been proven that driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs impairs judgement.  We don't want our friends injured and, we don't want our friends injuring others.


Friends don't let friends...
end a vacation time without planning the next one :)
Some other thoughts I've had along the path of life have been FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS...


When I was a young child...
  • ... be left off their invitation list for a birthday party or sleep over.
  • ... walk home alone or get in cars with strangers.
  • ... be mean to other kids - especially the new kids.
  • ... watch a scary movie by themselves.
In my teen years & college years...
  • ... ride home with guys they don't know.
  • ... find out that their boyfriend is cheating on them by way of "school gossip".
  • ... be in dangerous situations.
  • ... continue to go out with someone who treats them horribly.
In my young adult years & into the present years...
  • ... try to hide the hurts & struggles either are facing.
  • ... miss out on sound counsel they have to offer.
  • ... lose the memory of who they really are.
  • ... sacrifice their goals to fit in with the world.
  • ... walk away without a goodbye.
Today (as I was working on this post!!!), I totally screwed up on being a friend... when I spaced a lunch date with a very, dear friend (and extremely busy business woman)... because I thought of it early in the morning & didn't double check the time AND set a reminder alarm!
NOTE TO SELF:  FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS... SIT ALONE AT RESTAURANTS WONDERING IF THEY HAVE BEEN STOOD UP!

Will she forgive me? Yes.  

Does that make what I did alright? NO.  

Have I apologized? Yes.  

Did she accept the apology? YES!!

Do I feel better?  Only a little bit :/



Each day brings new challenges to be the friends that we ought to be.  My saving grace is that I seem to have a lot of friends who understand my craziness. But, beyond that, I recognize the responsibility to try DAILY to be the best friend that I can be... in spite of my limitations.


Some great truths about friendship are below...
  • A friend is always loyal... and born to help in time of need. Proverbs 17:17
  • The heartfelt counsel of a friend is as sweet as perfume and incense. Proverbs 27:9
  • There are "friends" who destroy each other, but a real friend sticks closer than a brother/sister. Proverbs 18:24
Friendship is not a right... it's a responsibility & a privilege!  It's not fleeting or based upon what the other person can give to you. Good friendship will improve both people in the friendship and can last for eternity :)

No comments:

Post a Comment