Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

18 May 2012

Truth... From a Fiery Train Wreck


When looking up information about the songs for an upcoming Sunday, I came upon the following beautiful story about the song, I Will Sing of My Redeemer:
The hymn "I Will Sing of My Redeemer," was found in a piece of baggage rescued from a fiery train wreck on the day of December 20, 1876. The author, 38 year old Philip P. Bliss, had been traveling with his wife to Chicago to help in the D. L. Moody Tabernacle service. In Ohio, a bridge collapsed and the train plunged into an icy river bed. It is said that Bliss survived the fall and climbed out through a coach window only to return, looking for his wife. Reunited, they died together in the flaming wreckage. This hymn is a very simple expression of the truth of the Gospel.
How can we keep from singing audibly & in our hears when we think of the price that our Redeemer paid for our sins! 
Romans 3:24 says, "Yet now God in his gracious kindness declares us not guilty. He has done this through Christ Jesus, who has freed us by taking away our sins." 
I John 4:10 says, "This is real love. It is not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins."

Oh, how He loves you and me... regardless of how we feel about Him!


No comments:

Post a Comment