Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

16 May 2012

He is Working... When I Am Speechless

Have you ever prayed about a situation or concern for SO LONG and in SO MANY WAYS that you just don't know what else to say to God? I've had several of those times in my life. (I might be "extra challenged" in that area.)   I've gone for months & months wondering what God had in mind. During some of those times, I've not seen a thing happen. Thankfully, there have been othertimes when I've seen "unaswered prayers" work out to be just what needed to happen - with something better working out later.

Photo from Jupiter Florida
courtesy of T. Getz
I've gotten to the point where I kind of say to God, "Okay, here's what I'd like to happen (or what I don't want to happen)... But, it's up to you."

One scripture passage that's taken on new life for me is Romans 8:25-28, "... if we look forward to something we don't yet have, we must wait patiently and confidently. And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don't know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words. And the Father who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers in harmony with God's own will. And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them."

I don't like waiting. But, I do like knowing that He is always working for our good! He is working when I am speechless.  Nothing I've done or someone else does can separate me from His love for me!  Nothing can take away my JOY from Him!

Other blogs...

No comments:

Post a Comment