Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

20 April 2012

Happy 420


Oh, if I'd only planned ahead so that I sent this today at 4:20am or 4:20pm, that would have made me giggle :)  But, alas, there are many irons in the fire...

I have several things on my mind this late afternoon. It's been a full day & a full week.  Come to think of it, my life feels really FULL lately.  But, one thing that’s been on my mind off & on all day is that today, April 20 aka 04/20, is “National Weed Day.” 

Today many people (young & not-so-young) are celebrating the use of a controversial, yet ILLEGAL, drug in most of the US - marijuana. The social media world is full of references to 420. People are talking about how they are celebrating the day.. how the government & law enforcement agencies are controlling our lives… and so on. They're wishing each other "Happy 420" and getting together to celebrate the day.

In this blog, I have committed to be honest about my feelings & convictions.  I speak at the stirring of my heart. And, I have decided that if I must chose some meaning to attach to the “420” thing today, it’s going to be one of hope & encouragement:

“Remember that the LORD rescued you from the iron-smelting furnace of Egypt
in order to make you his very own people and his special possession,
which is what you are today.” 
 
Now, that’s my kind of 420 – God’s very own special possession.  

The weeds I'm celebrating today are the weeds (okay, wild flowers - but, the LOML calls them weeds) coming up along my worn wooden fence.  They will be full of gorgeous yellow, pink & purple blooms in the coming weeks & months.


No comments:

Post a Comment