Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

20 April 2012

Wide Awake Nights


Lately there are a lot of us walking around with "smart phones". My phone is about 3 years old & 3 generations OLD but, I can still access some great app's (applications) on it. If I could only choose one - just ONE - it would have to be the YouVersion Bible app. I don't know how many nights I've woken abruptly in the night for no obvious reason. I love the fact that I can grab my phone & read God's Word. 

Last night was one such night.  I read Psalm 63:6, "I lie awake thinking of you, meditating on you through the night." I was able to take time to talk with God; thank God for His faithfulness in my life; lay my requests at His feet; pray for friends who were on my heart... just BE in His presence!

If we are going to be WIDE AWAKE... we might as well be doing something good :)

(written 10/01/11)

No comments:

Post a Comment