Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

26 October 2011

A 9-11 Thought

Each September, our nation observes yet another anniversary of the 9-11-2011 tragedy. Intense memories & feelings are stirred up in the hearts of many as we reflected upon that day & the impact of that horrendous event.

Photo was taken by T. Getz
on the anniversary of 9-11

The Bible has offered me comfort in times when I am at a loss as to what to say or what to do...

1 Corinthians 15:19 says, "... if our hope in Christ is only for this life, we are more to be pitied than anyone in the world."   We're not to think that we will only see God's glory in heaven. We are to look for it in this world. 

Psalm 46 says, "The nations are in chaos, and their kingdoms crumble! God's voice thunders, and the earth melts! The LORD of Heaven's Armies is here among us; the God of Israel is our fortress. Come, see the glorious works of the LORD... The LORD of Heaven's Armies is here among us; the God of Israel is our fortress!" 

Sometimes, and for some of us, often... life feels overwhelming. Especially in those times, we should heed the words of the Psalmist in Psalm 46:10, "Be still, and know that I am God! I will be honored throughout the world."    

God reclaims what man destroys.  He is with us in the good times, as well as in the bad. 

(written 9/11/11)

No comments:

Post a Comment