Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

28 May 2011

Where Can They Go?

If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there Your hand will guide me,
Your right hand will hold me fast.
Psalm 139
photo by Tom Getz
My children can't accurately be called children.  They're young adults.  I've loved them to the moon & back.  And, I've taught them about my love for the Lord & his children.  But, will they choose to embrace the things I hold so dear?  I've been looking at my "love" in comparison to the love of God. 

We're promised in Romans 8:38, "... NOTHING can separate us from the love of God." Nothing is a pretty big deal. It really leaves out NOTHING :) 

We are assured in Psalm 103:8, "The LORD is compassionate and merciful, slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love." Unfailing love - unable, no matter the circumstances or the choices made by someone, to fail??

But, what if we don't want God's love or someone dear doesn't want God's love OR our love? True love doesn't come with strings. It's freely given. Love isn't contained by boundaries or diminished by someone's refusal to accept it!

David asked God in Psalm 139:7-10, "Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend into heaven, You are there; if I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, Even there Your hand shall lead me, And Your right hand shall hold me." 


God's love GOES with us - even when we don't want it... when we are hiding from it. Even there God's hand is upon us & leading us. That's the kind of love I want to have. God is love & He is unfailing, ever-present & never discouraged.

Psalm 139 is a great reminder that God will never leave us. But, it's also a great reminder that God promises to not let ANYTHING separate any of His children from His love - not even their choices.


(shared 9/4/12 with the Ann Voskamp One Thousand Gifts community) 




2 comments:

  1. Hello Indiana girl,

    I'm hopping over to meet you from Ann's link up. Yes, that prayer and heart desire for our kids to always chase hard after God, I understand and join you in that. I am so thankful for my Abba's help in trying to imitate his way of loving.

    Thanks.

    Jennifer Dougan
    www.jenniferdougan.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jennifer :) I'll just have to hop over to your site too. Blessings to you! Keep sharing the Good News :)

    ReplyDelete