Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

29 April 2011

Church Isn't Required for Strong Christians


Photo taken by T. Getz
Community... is BIG for me. I believe in making a conscious effort to connect & have real relationships with others. People in my local church fellowship encourage me, inspire me, and challenged me to be a better person -- not just a better Christian. I know some of their stories.  I know that life isn't that easy for most of them - as they face the up's & down's of life.

The Apostle Paul said in Hebrews 10:24-25, "Think of ways to encourage one another to outbursts of love & good deeds. And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage and warn each other, especially now that the day of his coming back again is drawing near." NLT

I love the New Living Translation  with the words of "encourage one another to outbursts of love & good deeds". I'm thinking we could all use some outbursts of love & good deeds - whether we're the recipient or the giver of those.

Can we effectively & consistently do this on our own - without community with other believers?  Who hasn't seen that the closer we get to God, the harder Satan tries to draw our eyes away from Him.  It's easy to fool ourselves into believing that our close relationship with God diminishes our need to be with His people in His house. Often the smallest gestures (such as just BEING at church) can be an encouragement to those around who are watching us.  I would like to encourage you today - if you claim the name of Christian - to make a commitment to regular fellowship with other believers.  And be reminded, we aren't always there for just us!  Sometimes other believers who know our story are encouraged by our regular attendance.



End of sermon.
Signed. 
The Preacher's Daughter -- but more importantly, 
A Daughter of the King :)


(written 14 Jan 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment