Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

23 October 2009

7 Days... 7 Years...

Photo taken and post written 20 October 2009
I'm overwhelmed with a sense of God's presence today. The past 7 days have held much for me. I was able to get away with my husband for 3 days without kids and away from the house that needs a serious cleaning. 

Seven years ago today, October 20, 2002, I was at the side of my father for his heavenly homecoming. I'm thanking God for my dad's wholeness today & knowing that I will be with BOTH of my FATHERS for eternity. 

Today, I drove through Mounds State Park for the first time since my foot was broken in early August of this year. Last night I enjoyed a homemade meal with our entire family of four - which fills me with joy! God is so good to us. He's continually finding ways to bless us. Sometimes we don't notice all that is put in our paths by our loving Father. 

As James 1:17 says, "Whatever is good and perfect comes to us from God above, who created all heaven's lights. Unlike man, He never changes or casts shifting shadows. " Every good & perfect things come from our Heavenly Father! WOW! So today, from God's Word, "May the Lord continually bless you with heaven’s blessings as well as with human joys." Psalm 128:5 (TLB paraphrase).

Bonus video: God is Here 

Lyrics by Lara Martin:
In your presence, there is fullness of life
And healing flowing, for body soul and mind
God of miracles, God of the impossible is here
God is here

CHORUS:
God is here - Let the broken hearted rejoice (lift up your head)
God is here - Let the sick say I am well (all sufficient One)
God is here - Let the weak say I am strong (let the weak say I am strong!)
God is here - His wonders to perform In your presence, there is perfect peace

In the stillness, I behold your deity God of wonders,
God of power is here
God is here 
O His wonders, yes His wonders
His wonders to perform (Repeat)

No comments:

Post a Comment