Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

29 October 2009

Let THAT Person Figure It Out!!


Over & over in my life, it's been confirmed to me that I cannot "grow in the Lord" without some disciplined time on my own in the Word & with the Lord. I can't rely solely upon listening to great sermons or reading good books written by awesome Christians. I must beware of getting my spiritual convictions from "other people". "See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ." Colossians 2:8. We need to get to know GOD personally in order to understand His guidance in our lives. We have to listen to Him on our own - not just in church on Sundays or through radio/television/online messages. Nestled within the next scripture passage is on of my favorite phrases, "work out your own salvation with fear & trembling" (aka work out your own understanding of God with deep reverence for God). As the scripture promises, God will work in us & show us what to do. Philippians 2:12-13 "Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; for it is for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for [His] good pleasure."


So, set apart some time each day just to read his Word, the Bible, and listen to how HE wants to apply that in your life. Forsake not the fellowship with His body (the church) but, forsake not your personal one on ONE time with God each day.

(written 26 Oct 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment