Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

12 September 2009

Attitude... I'm Working On It!

It's been a great week -- not so much a great day. I learned today that there's no visible healing (although no further injury) in my foot. I had a second x-ray done & have to wear the boot until the next x-ray in three weeks. 



I can't drive a car. I can't do step aerobics anymore. I can't even walk for exercise. I'm not thrilled but, I'm not devastated either. It could be SO MUCH worse. It's just gonna be a pain for a little longer than I had hoped. 

Several scriptures come to mind & I'm reminded that this life on earth is going to be a challenge. 
Christ spoke in John 16:33, "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world." 
So, what do we DO about those trials & sorrows? I look further into the Bible. 
We're told in Matthew 6:34, "So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today."
That second verse might seem to have a negative connotation to it. But, the way I look at it is that there's no need to fret about tomorrow, worrying will NOT change things. Sometimes we need all our energy for just what's thrown at us today! So, I attempt to deal with today's challenges with God's help and claim His help for whatever tomorrow throws at me! It's all I can do. 

Okay "stuckinindiana"... breathe in & out; ask God for a positive attitude about the foot & a few others things! I'm standing on the promises -- and leaning heavily upon His Word!

My attitude... I'm working on it!

A human being can alter their life
by altering their attitude.
~ William James
 



No comments:

Post a Comment