Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

12 September 2009

I'd love to give this boot the BOOT!

Well, I'm not a happy camper at the moment! I got a second x-ray yesterday - after wearing my heavy, ugly to-the-knee boot for 3 wks & 1 day. The Report: No visible signs of healing (aka calcification)... at least three more weeks in the BOOT... at least three more weeks of no driving... no more step aerobics anymore - only walking around the block. Next x-ray scheduled for October 2nd.
The way I'm feeling at the moment, if it was up to me, I'd not leave my house for the next 3 weeks except with my hubby (church, choir rehearsal, and an occassional meal out). I'd be perfectly happy to just stay home & communicate via blogs, e-mail, Facebook and Twitter. The desire to get out & about for anything seems to be missing. I'm pretty certain that I'm in need of a slight attitude adjustment.
I'm SO thankful that it's not something really serious though. There are so many in this world who are suffering from serious illnesses or persecutions or losses. I'm thankful that I didn't reinjure the fracture in the past 3 weeks. I'm also very thankful that I can do everything I need to do around the house, albeit considerably slower. AND, I'm quite thankful that I look so fantastic wearing a bedazzled boot. But, I must admit, I was hopng to give my boot THE BOOT as soon as possible!
I don't believe that God "did" this to me to teach me a lesson. I believe that He allowed it to happen to me & that I will grow and become a better person through the experience. I believe that He will use this time in my life to grow in other ways. I also believe that this experience will allow me to be used of Him in ways that would not be possible if I were not experiencing this! What's the point of fretting about this little inconvenience? It's not going to make the healing go faster. I also refuse to let this little dilema pull my attention away from all the other people who have greater needs. So, for the present, I'm in a boot & spending some extra time praying for others!
"O Lord, you alone can heal me; you alone can save me. My praises are for you alone!" Jeremiah 17:14

No comments:

Post a Comment