Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

29 April 2012

Pictures from the PAST

Seems like the Psalmists really "got it".  Well, to me it seems that way.  They didn't mince words. Their yes meant yes & their no meant no.  When we approach God this way, I feel like we are meeting Him on level ground.  He wants to know what we think.  He wants to know when we feel beaten down. He wants us to be real with him!  

Life has been beating me down for some time now.  The Word says that God's timing is perfect.  But, lately I feel like he's on "southern time" - fashionably late.  I'm holding fast though.  No matter what the devil throws my way, I am determined to not let it blind me to the multitude of blessings God bestows on me each day. 

"In the multitude of my anxieties within me,
Your COMFORTS delight my soul."
Psalm 94:19


Today I see pictures taken years ago - when meaningful memories were made. Today I hear the words of a familiar song reassuring me that I am not alone.  

Today I feel reassurance in my heart as a loved one laughs in the same way they did as a young child. 

Today I choose to recognize the COMFORTS that delight my soul -- the comforts placed lovingly in my path by a Father who truly cares for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment