Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

17 August 2018

Five Minute Friday: LOVED

LOVED... there's a difference in KNOWING that you are LOVED and FEELING that you are LOVED.

As a follower of Christ, I truly believe that EVERY SINGLE PERSON is LOVED by God, the Creator of the Universe.

But, when it comes to the times in life which knock you off your feet or knock the wind out of you... those times which seem to have no rhyme or reason... 

Do YOU feel LOVED?

Knowing and feeling are two very different things. Knowing I am LOVED gives me hope. But, when I also feel LOVED, I have hope, peace, and strength. I feel as though I have POWER over the unknown. I feel as if I can handle any storm or failure or disappointment that crosses my path.

I can rest in that feeling of being LOVED. I don't just have the head knowledge but, I have the heart knowledge too.

My prayer for you today is that you FEEL that you are LOVED... just as you are, without fail, each an every moment of your day.

One of my favorite reminders that we are LOVED...




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HqN9spmhok

TEXT:George Matheson

MUSIC:Christopher Miner

1. O Love that will not let me go,
I rest my weary soul in thee;
I give thee back the life I owe,
That in thine ocean depths its flow
May richer, fuller be.

2. O light that followest all my way,
I yield my flickering torch to thee;
My heart restores its borrowed ray,
That in thy sunshine's blaze its day
May brighter, fairer be.

3. O Joy that seekest me through pain,
I cannot close my heart to thee;
I trace the rainbow through the rain,
And feel the promise is not vain,
That morn shall tearless be.

4. O Cross that liftest up my head,
I dare not ask to fly from thee;
I lay in dust life's glory dead,
And from the ground there blossoms red
Life that shall endless be.

©1997 Christopher Miner Music.

No comments:

Post a Comment