Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

30 October 2016

When It Gets Crisp in the Fall - #write31days 10-30-16

“I cannot endure to waste anything so precious
as autumnal sunshine by staying in the house."
~ Nathaniel Hawthorn
e
With the new out-of-state job as of July, our family is entering into the unknown with winter on it's way. Our Indiana home is in a small township - in farm country (fields & livestock) - outside of city limits. We all have wells & heat our homes with propane gas out here. Our electric service is known for being spotty in the winter months. Our road is rarely EVER plowed. There are times when it's even hard to get out of our driveway to the road.

Like most wives, I give the LOML a hard time about what he does and doesn't do around the house to help out. But, the truth of the matter is, he is ALWAYS taking care of us in those winter months. 

This winter he'll have to make a 5+ hour commute from Kentucky to Indiana to come see the 3 of us here for weekends and holidays. What will happen to us when he's not around is yet to be seen. This is one winter where I'll be praying a lot for a mild winter, clear roads & traveling mercies!  

So, I am especially cherishing the autumn and putting aside any trepidation I might have for the coming winter. I've been back in Indiana for most of this week & enjoyed going on my walkabouts to see how autumn has decorated my little piece of the world.  The following "stuckinindiana pairings" have been put together with pictures I took this week here in the land of stuckinindiana. I hope you enjoy them. And, I hope that you enjoy whatever season you're in as you read this post!!
Autumn carries more gold in its pocket
than all the other seasons.”
~  Jim Bishop

"Autumn is a second spring
when every leaf is a flower."
~ Albert Camus

"Nature always wears the colors of the spirit.
 ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson  #quote 

“It was a beautiful bright autumn day,
with air like cider and a

sky so blue you could drown in it.”
~ Diana Gabaldon


“The leaves fall, the wind blows, and
the farm country slowly changes from
the summer cottons into its winter wools.”
~ Henry Beston #quotes

"Life starts all over again
when it gets crisp in the fall."
~ F. Scott Fitzgerald

Walking outside the past few days here in the land of "stuckinindiana" gave me a renewed outlook and a sense of energy to face the coming seasons in our lives. I ended up with over a dozen MORE shots of autumn that are waiting to be paired up with a good quote. I'm so grateful for fresh autumn air & the beauty of the season. 


5 Minute Free-For-All - When It Gets Crisp in the Fall - #write31days 10-30-16

No comments:

Post a Comment