Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

29 October 2016

Open for Examination? - #write31days 10-29-16

It's so easy to use up most of our time running around doing good -- and feeling good about it. But, perhaps God wants to point out something in us that needs to be changed... made new... refined. Our hearts need to be open for examination on a daily basis -- not just when we run out of good things to do on our own. 

And face the fact, it's hard to let Him set the agenda for us when we feel that He's equipped us so well that we should plan & do things all on our own.

Many believers are familiar with this scripture:

"Search me Oh God & know my heart, try me and know my anxious thoughts; and if there be any wicked way in me, lead me to the way everlasting."  Psalm 139:23 & 24

I wonder how many times I've prayed that scripture but, didn't really want God to point out anything that I needed to change?

I don't believe that the relationship with Christ is a scorecard - where the relationship is right on track if the checks in the "Good" column exceed the checks in the "Bad" column. I believe we can be sailing along, convinced that we are right on target, because we aren't really doing anything "bad". But, what about ASKING God to point out areas He wants to change? What about allowing Him to examine our innermost heart & begin the changes that need to happen for His perfect will to be accomplished. I think there are so many good things to be done in our world. But, there's a time and a place and a person for each of those things.

My personal challenge is to open my heart to God daily & allow Him to examine and search me. I want to listen to Him & apply what I hear. I encourage you to take a moment to open your heart to Him daily - allowing Him to search you & to point out ways that you can be more of what He created you to be




5 Minute Free-For-All - Are You Open for Examination? - #write31days 10-29-16

No comments:

Post a Comment