Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

12 October 2016

Courage Doesn't Always Roar - write31days 10-12-16

It's been a full day... after nearly 3 weeks of the same kind of days. Oh wait... who's fooling who? It's been a full year - especially when a thousand doors opened after a late January get-away with some dear friends. Our lives seemed to go into hyper-drive then. 

The LOML & I have always been sort of fly-by-the-pants people. We never get stressed if plans for a holiday are made in the week before the holiday. We never stress over celebrating a birthday on the actual day. (As for me, I like to celebrate birthdays for weeks on end.) We like spontaneous get-aways. We aren't always that great about making plans way ahead of time.

But this latest chapter of our lives hasn't really been conducive to last minute planning. There's a lot to do here. There's a lot to do there. There are still a lot of details that are unsettled and many unanswered questions. And, there are many days when I wonder will I make it alive out of this journey - ha ha! 

The other night I was so tired of trying to figure a few things out. I felt defeated. I did not feel up for the challenge, I didn't feel capable to do what needed to be done. I felt like a coward... not at all courageous. 

Then it occurred to me that I was tired and not at my best. And, I looked back on the day and reflected upon a pretty long list of things I had completed. And, I was reminded of this quote:

"Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~ Robert G. Ingersoll #quote

Some days it just best to allow yourself to say, "I will try again tomorrow."

5 Minute Free-For-All – Courage Doesn't Always Roar - write31days 10-12-16

No comments:

Post a Comment