Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

17 September 2016

#JoyDare No. 5000. WHEN TIME STANDS STILL

Do you ever have those days when you look back and say... "HOW IN THE WORLD DID I GET ALL THAT DONE TODAY!!!"? 


I think everyone has them from time to time. But, for me, they don't seem to compete with the days I look back and wonder what in the world I did with all my time (insert sad face).

But today... TODAY WAS ONE FOR THE BOOKS! 

Today I looked my my cellphone (what has now become my watch) and was shocked at what the time was & what I'd accomplished since checking it last (sometimes in the past 45 minutes; other time in an hour or more).

Not once, not twice, not 3 times or 4... probably 7-8 times between waking up around 6am and hoping in the car with the girls (theMommy & theLittle) to head to Kentucky at 6pm, I marveled at the time which had passed and what I'd accomplished. There were even quite a few times when I told myself, "Don't start that project. You don't have enough time!" 

This season of our lives
  • with one foot in Indiana and one foot in Kentucky
  • trying to figure out our calendars (family, work, social, medical, etc.)
  • having to get many things accomplished in a short amount of time
  • constantly adjusting our schedules to accomodate things that pop up
  • feeling worn out from all the uncertainty and changes

This season of our lives has been crazy.  But, on September 1, 2016, God gave me a day when time stands still. I accomplished far more than what I knew I could on that day. And, it reminded me of God's faithfulness... but, more of God's love for me -- for EACH of His children! And, I was reminded of the scripture Ephesians 3:20:

#JoyDare No. 5000 on my list of #1000gifts will be remembered as:


Other possible titles for this post could have been a few song titles:
  1. Do You Believe in Magic
  2. I Believe in Miracles (couldn't find a great video... but... the words!!!)
  3. Does Anybody Really Know What Time it Is

No comments:

Post a Comment