Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

02 May 2016

Just a Coincidence

I arrived at the dealership early - fully expecting to be there for a few hours while my little yellow car was serviced. It was WAY overdue for service & had been exhibiting many troublesome hints that I either take it in soon or call for help from the side of the road someday soon. The LOML (yes, that's what I call the spouse) made the appointment for me & set up the timing so that he could be available for consultation should any $$ emergencies be found in the inspections. 

I was prepared for a 3-4 hour wait
. The cell was fully charged; the iPad was fully charged; the laptop was fully charged. AND, I had all the power cords for those devices, along with earbuds to accept or make phone calls. 

I checked the car in & made my way over the waiting area ready to set up office. I was prepared for hours of "no brainer" work. I planted to sort photos & quotes to match some up for future posts on my blog and various pages (Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter). I hopped on the laptop to check a few things that I could only do via laptop on the Facebook page. As I skimmed through my quotes, one JUMPED OUT AT ME! I cut & pasted it & began looking for a picture to use for the pairing. The quote was from a musician by the name of Leonard Cohen...  "Children show scars like medals. Lovers use them as secrets to reveal. A scar is what happens when the word is made flesh." Did you read that or just skim it?? Those first 2 sentences just got me!
"Children show scars like medals. Lovers use them as secrets to reveal. A scar is what happens when the word is made flesh." ~ Leonard Cohen #quote
In the next few moments, I received a personal Facebook message from a friend I've not seen in quite a while. She was sharing a YouTube link with me. I listened to the song 3 times through - feeling such a peace sweep over me as I read the lyrics to that song. It was a blessing to receive it.

Then YouTube played the next song... What Scars are For...


Talk about a coincidence... or was it? I personally feel that the timing of that quote and that song were a little gift from God. 

What are scars for? They can be so bothersome and often very embarrassing. Do they serve a real purpose? Even if we can hide our scars, should we always? Does everyone have scars? Are our scars worse than others'?

Just a little food for thought... that happened with just a coincidence earlier today.

PS More was wrong than we expected with the little yellow car. So... 6 hours later, I'm still waiting.

OH, AND ANOTHER COINCIDENCE, as a finished that word above, "waiting", they came to tell me that the repairs were done! An, I am totally NOT proofing this before posting it!

scheduled for the stuckinindiana page...
sometime soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment