Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

05 February 2016

Silence Can Be Deceiving

I love finding quotes that hit a chord within me. Here's one that grabbed me a while back:

"The fact that I'm silent doesn't mean I have nothing to say."
~ Jonathan Carroll

Today is busy - like most days. But, I want to write and share -- especially with a community of writers whom I've grown to love. I haven't written much in the past few months. I've managed to keep jotting down three blessings each day. (My #JoyDare / #1000gifts lists.) But, I've even been slow in editing and posting those. Other things have filled my days. 

I guess, with regard to writing, you could say I've been silent. But, in those times of infrequent blog posts, my writer's mind hasn't been silent at all. There are few things that happen in my normal day-to-day life that don't evoke a flood of thoughts... 
All 5 eggs were laid in the same box by the Golden Comets one cold morning... Coincidence? Well, I make a note of the low temp in their coop on the preceding night & come to the conclusion that sticking together is warmer. My crazy brain immediately envisions 5 hens crowded in one box with each one wiggling out when she's laid her own egg. It reminds me of how important "community" is for all of us. I'll write more about that later.
I vigorously scrape off frost and ice from the windows of our daughter's car in the wee hours of the morning before she takes the Little to school. I pause and snap a shot of the glints of diamonds that shine in the snow as her headlights illuminate the crystal forest that was made of our property in the night while we slept. It occurs to me that I'm freezing there in my jammies, boots and a heavy coat. I walk in and am warmed by the sight of the little seascape I placed above the sun room door years ago. I'm reminded that I can be at the seaside anywhere I am on this planet. Happiness is in me... not in a place. I'll write more about that later. 
I wake in the middle of the night for no logical reason other than "I ,myself, am no longer a spring chicken." I pray for everyone I can think of - at the same time really wishing I was sleeping. Just as I begin to drift off, I hear the pitter-patter of little bare feet running from the east side of the house. I think to myself, "Wouldn't it be nice to sleep in today." And, within minutes I'm drowning in hugs and kisses from a toddler giggling and proclaiming, "You're my best friend, DeeDee." I'm reminded that sleep can be highly overrated and that life often happens just as it should happen... not as we had envisioned or planned. And, I acknowledge that even the most difficult chapters of our lives are filled with sweet, sweet blessings we might not otherwise have received. I'll write more about that later.

Each morning I wake and know there are some things which absolutely have to be done that day - commitments, appointments, etc. And, each morning I wake with a long list of what I'd like to do that day. Truth be told, some days I just desire to hide under the blankets for the day. But, life pushes me out of bed. I go about my day-to-day life - making mental notes and writing blog posts along the way (in my mind). I'll write more about that later.

Whether the day ends up being great or grave, it always contains blessings - just waiting to be seen. I write daily in my mind. I record those thoughts for others to read when I feel I can. But, don't be fooled... "The fact that I'm silent doesn't mean I have nothing to say."

Join the conversation with me on Twitter & Instagram at @stuckinindiana And, hop over to the Facebook Page stuckinindiana :) Oh, and I'm on Pinterest at "stuckinindiana" too... but, don't do so well keeping up with that one :)


12 comments:

  1. Sometimes I have the most to say when I'm silent. Your sister from another mother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very awesome post! Thankyou for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. " life often happens just as it should happen... not as we had envisioned or planned." I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really loved reading this post! And I'm looking forward to all the things you're going to write about later. :) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! Every single one of those quick thoughts carry SO MUCH to be said/written! Am I one of those cuddling chickens dropping eggs as we keep warm? I too miss the seaside that I loved in CA before moving here to dry-as-a-bone Texas! I need and care less about sleep now too and man oh man do I love some baby cuddles!!
    We are on the same pathway I think, and it's a pretty fun one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life has a way of taking our breath away... especially when we think there aren't a lot of surprises left in our paths :D God has blessings planned for us that we will not experience until we reach a certain time :D I agree... fun times these days!!

      Delete
  6. I'm also a wake-upper-and-pray-myself-back-to-sleeper ;). It looks like you have a nice long list of things to develop and write more about!

    ReplyDelete