Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

02 October 2015

sunrise thoughts 02 October 2015

I was so proud of myself... all dressed and ready for my morning walkabout & not even too close to the time of sunrise... 7:39am. I'd woken up much earlier feeling as though I'd not gotten rested at all. And, I'd woken with the knowledge that the coming few days were going to be fast & furious with activities. 

And, what did I find as I walked out?? There WAS no sunrise!
Well, the sun was there but, the clouds in the east totally obscured it and prevented any rays from brightening up any clouds in the sky. No color... pretty drab... So much for a pretty photo to share on the second day of this writing challenge. 

Like this morning's sunrise, my first morning thoughts had been somewhat "clouded" by anticipating the pressures of the next few days. So, the "no sunrise" seemed to fit right into my mood. I sighed, took a big breath and headed east down my country roads for the walkabout.

In less than 5 minutes the sun broke through the clouds over a newly harvested soybean field. And, in a few more minutes the heat of the sun burned away most of the gray clouds... revealing the beauty of this area we call home - what I call the land of "stuckinindiana."

Yet another reminder for me that clouds may obscure the sun - just like I allow the anticipation of life's demands to cloud my attitude. BUT... the sun isn't defeated by the clouds. And, often the sun will burn through those clouds that very day. But, even on the days when the sun doesn't seem to break through those clouds, I can reflect upon previous less cloudy days & look forward with anticipation to brilliant sunrises yet to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment