Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

03 October 2015

sunrise thoughts 03 October 2015

There's just something better about waking up on a Saturday. For our stuckinindiana family, Saturdays are different than all those other days of the week. They usually take a slower start and have a schedule focused more on our property & animals. And, we always make an effort to encompass some good family moments.

This morning was unusual in that we had to be dressed up & out the door for an 8am breakfast in town. We needed to be out the door before the time of sunrise
& I was ready to get a good picture for my post today. The sky was filled with dark clouds and, a chilly wind carried rain to us from the northeast. It was pretty obvious that no "sunrise pics" would be taking on this cold morning.

And, there always something refreshing about a "cooler than normal day" in the beginning of October. I'm reminded that summer is ready to bid us farewell. And, I begin prioritizing things that need to be done before cooler weather prevents me from being able to accomplish them. I am, once again, reminded by the change of seasons that, like the earth, we were not created to "go non-stop". We need down times. We need times of rest & growth. We need variety in our schedules. We need to shift our focus so that our priorities don't get skewed and so that we don't get tunnel vision. And, a cold, dreary mornings bring new opportunities for our days. Chores & tasks still need to be accomplished. But, the rain tends to re-order the day. 

My thoughts today are the we need to be intentional about times of relaxation, rest & renewal. A rainy morning is a great time to begin that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment