Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

25 October 2015

sunrise thoughts 25 October 2015

First thought today... HOORAY, it's SUNDAY! 

I thought that for several reasons. Sundays are a little different for us around here. We have morning coffee together. But then, instead of work or chores, we get to head to church together as a family.

Our drive is around 20 minutes through beautiful, rural farmland. The fall foliage is so pretty this time of year too. "The Little" entertains us on the drive with
songs & stories.  She loves Sunday church - which is what she calls Sunday School.


For each of us, there are days when the sun rises and we breathe a sigh of relief. There are days when a change of pace is especially welcomed. And today, was one of those days for us. 

What a blessing to begin the day together as a family - to talk, to joke, to sing, to relax & enjoy being "stuckinindiana" :)

For more sunrise shots, visit our Facebook page. For all the "sunrise thoughts" posts, click here.


Writing daily with the #write31days community. AND...

DaySpring.com is celebrating all of the amazing Write 31 Days readers who are supporting nearly 2,000 writers this October! To enter to win a $500 DaySpring shopping spree, just click on this link & follow the giveaway widget instructions. Good luck, and thanks for reading! 

stuckinindiana


Here are a few bonus pics from our day... just for fun... always remember FAMILY MATTERS!!!





4 comments:

  1. I love Sundays too!!! Our church actually has t-shirts that say "Sunday is my favorite day of the week". I am out of town so this Sunday so I spent it worshiping our Lord and Savior with two of my favorite peeps while we are together - which is a rare thing these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What darling photos! I love weekends, too! I get to sleep in until 5 or 5:30! I love being able to linger and watch the sunrise change colors, and sometimes I run out with my camera to snap a few shots. We're lucky, we live across from our church :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodness... sleeping in until 5 or 5:30!! I'm a bum - ha ha!! I lived across the street from the church throughout my childhood as a preacher's kid. It definitely had its advantages :) Thank you for reading & commenting!!

      Delete