SLOW DOWN and smell the roses... or the lilacs... or the lilies... or the irises :)I know this... but, I constantly need to be reminded that the beauty comes in the moments. And, if we are rushing so fast that we don't slow down or stop to mark the moments, we miss a lot of beauty. Knowing this & living this isn't one in the same for me. I need reminders!
Here are some reminders I use to "stop and smell the roses":
- Jot down 3 things each day - no matter how simple or mundane in the world's eyes - that bring joy.
- Take a quick picture and tuck a few words in your heart when you feel happy.
- Think about what others in life are experiencing where thoughts and prayers could be of help; take a few moments to lift them up.
- Keep pictures in the home & office of fun times with friends and family over the years.
- Pause and take 3 big, deep, long, cleaning breaths when feeling overwhelmed or stressed. (It's amazing the power that oxygen holds!)
- Recall scriptures & quotes that talk about slowing down and/or resting.
I've been keeping a log of 3 blessings a day since January of 2012. If you want to take a look at the format I use, just look for the Label of #1000gifts on this blog.
If you want to see some of my photography, there's plenty over on the "stuckinindiana" Facebook page :D
A favorite scripture I have about resting is found in Isaiah:
"This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says: “Only in returning to me and resting in me will you be saved. In quietness and confidence is your strength..." Isaiah 30:15Do you stop & smell the roses? What helps you do that?? If not, what changes can you make to allow you to take in the beauty around you?