Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

24 March 2015

Recipe for CAFFEINE After the Flu

I've spent the past 37 hours and 19 minutes feeling anything... but normal.

Sunday was wonderful. It included a 3-mile walk about with my neighbor friend, neighbor dog and our favorite "Little." It included about 4-5 hours of hard work with the family on our property (pruning trees, dragging branches, raking up fall debris, cleaning out the fire pit & getting ready for the next fire, and more). We even enjoyed a tea party on the grass with our "Little."  I couldn't have imagined a better day as we move from winter toward spring. The day got better though when I came in the house later (after completing a few more chores & shooting the sunset) and the LOML had prepared dinner for me.

It was all great until about 2:15am early Sunday morning. Let's just say that I hit the trifecta of flu symptoms... throwing up, "sitting," and fainting! Thank goodness that my loud thud onto the tile bathroom floor alerted the LOML that something was wrong & I didn't have to lay there for long. The next 24 hours were especially horrible with body aches, chills, a migraine-like headache, a gurgling stomach and the constant question of what in the world happened!?!?

For the first 24 hours, my head hurt too much to look at my phone, laptop or watch a movie or TV.  My family was awesome & just let me sleep, sleep, sleep. I woke up mid-morning today with a headache and soreness from the hard day's work on Sunday... but, feeling much better.

But, my head was still killing me. Those of you who know me, know that the LOML began delivering a cup of coffee to me in bed each morning over 20 years ago. We talked around noon today and agreed that the headache was probably caused from lack of caffeine. But, coffee is very acidic. Was my stomach ready for that?? I needed to get caffeine in me without irritating my stomach. And so, I used a tried and true recipe I invented a few flus ago... and it became my 2nd #JoyDare for today...


my recipe for caffeine after the flu... 

The recipe steps:

       1.  Carefully place 6-8 small scoops of vanilla ice cream in a deep bowl.
       2.  Slowly pour approximately 1 cup of cold coffee (leftover from the morning, for me) over the ice cream.
       3. Slowly, gently and methodically cut the ice cream into the coffee with a spoon until there are no visible chunks of ice cream left.
       4.  BONUS: If you want a little extra caffeine & the nutritional anti-oxidants provided from dark chocolate, sprinkle a few chocolate chips on it & stir.

There you have it :) In the time it's taken me to make and eat the above caffeine fix, put the composite pic together AND write this little post... MY HEADACHE IS ALMOST TOTALLY GONE.

Who knew I was a health advisor :)

Happy Day Friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment