Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

25 October 2014

Rainy Day Recipe - Country Cemeteries

It was what I like to call my birthday week... which generally turns into my birthday month for celebratory reasons. The weather was not cooperating!! Although the forecast called for only a 30% chance of rain, we seemed to be getting all of our portion during the daylight hours - specifically between the hours of 7:30am and 3pm - when my schedule is more open due to family members being out of the house. A brisk walk for 3-4 miles along country roads in the rain might happen every once in awhile. But, my idea of "walking in the rain" does not meet true exercise standards.


I was determined to get some fresh air this week though, as I was feeling a bit of the coming winter creeping into my bones. I grabbed a rain slicker, umbrella & pair of rain boots and was on my way out. I jumped in the car and headed to an old country cemetery to take a few pics as I walked:
 
Rainy Day Recipe... walk through an old country cemetery. 
"He liveth best who loveth best
all creatures great and small.
For the dear God who loveth us,
He made and loveth all."
Samuel Taylor Coleridge
I have various Rainy Day Recipes for the days when I just can't seem to stick to household tasks:
  • a warm blanket, a hot drink & a fire
  • writing notes of encouragement & appreciation
  • listening to classical music while reading a good book
  • walkabouts & wanderings under an umbrella
As you can see, most of them don't include being outside. But, this day I could hear the fresh air beckoning me. I seem to get energized by a walk in the fresh air. Year round, you will find me outside almost daily. Some days I'm actually getting a good workout. Other days I'm just breathing in the fresh air... rain, sunshine, snow... it's all good.

I found a quote about walking in the rain:
"Some people walk in the rain. Others just get wet." ~ Roger Miller
I don't just get wet walking in the rain. I get energized by the fresh air & the changes I see around me as the rain comes down. I enjoy the slower pace & become reflective, grateful and grounded. How about YOU? What are your rainy day recipes?

Linked with the Nesting Place community through the write31days challenge, October 2014 - post No 25.


No comments:

Post a Comment