Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

12 October 2014

Buried Alive + Grocery Lists + Blogging


At the moment, I feel stuck. And, it's not a horrible "stuck" though. I'm trapped under a napping baby girl who seems to be in a pattern of detecting when her DeeDee (my g'mommy name) moves her to her bed for nap time. I'm entering this post with one hand on my smart phone :)

I have a million little things that need to be done -- most of which I cannot do while buried here. And, many of those tasks are nearly impossible to accomplish in her waking hours!

I'm a lefty and "working" on my phone with that hand. I've made a grocery list & am writing now. Even though my left hand is free, it's falling asleep from the lack of blood flow. And, come to think of it, my shirt collar feels very warm and perhaps a little wet. Could someone be drooling on me? I'm getting a little drowsy myself. Here's comes the question I battle almost every time I'm stuck in this way... "To sleep or not to sleep?"

It's not easy to accomplish things with a little one knocked out on your chest or following behind you on your heels... or digging in the kitchen trash when you look away for 30 seconds. Note to self: Don't loose sight of the toddler for a moment in their waking hours. 

All of a sudden an image pops in my head of her "FINGER PAINTING" the wall & window with some unknown substance the other day when she appeared to be playing with dolls, books and puzzles in her Pack N Play. 

I guess being buried alive under a drooling toddler at this moment isn't bad at all :)

Linked with the Nesting Place community through the write31days challenge, October 2014 - post No 12.

2 comments: