Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

17 September 2014

Quiet Yourself & Listen to Your Heart

It was early January and a cold snowy day -- not much different than what we'd been experiencing for the past few months. My winter blues were turned on "HIGH" that year. My desire for warm sun & hidden beaches was intense. Through a few years of experience, I'd finally figured out that those desires could be fed when I was out in nature observing the wonders of God. The dusk light on a snow covered pond brought peace to my restless soul. The sound of the snow crunching under my feet as I wondered through a nearby woods lifted my spirits. Even as I shivered from the cold air, I felt
alive and strengthened by God's world around me.

I looked back at my footprints in the snow as I crossed a field to visit my friend & encourage her to join me in my walkabout that day. I was almost to her house & I could not wait to share this joy with her... the colors from the setting sun... the crispness of the air... the crunch of the snow under my boots... the spray of the power covering the hard snow below. 

It all seemed so beautiful and simple in that moment. There's a part of heaven that I felt that day as I walked in the snow. My mind was reminded of a favorite Old Testament scripture:
"... God has planted eternity in the human heart..." Ecclesiastes 3:11b 
I arrived at my friend's house that day... and things had changed for her. Her life had changed... forever. And, some parts of mine changed forever that day too.

Reflecting back over the years & looking at the photo below which I took on that day, I am even more confident that:
When we come to a crossroads in life, we should quiet ourselves & listen to our heart.





No comments:

Post a Comment