Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

05 September 2014

#JoyDare No. 2911. Calling Out My Friends & Family Members

Pictures related to 9 people who were a
blessing to me in the month of August 2014
I prayed last night for God to order my steps* today. I have so many things that need to be done around my house and in my yard - 3.5 acres! This morning I woke up & asked God again to help me set my agenda for the day - so that I would be productive around here but more really, so that I would be effective
for Him/Her**.

I read several devotionals & Bible passages to begin my day. I got up & helped with the g'baby as she and her Mommy (our daughter) prepared to leave for work/school. I had coffee in bed with the LOML who was able to get a later start since he's working in town today. I then began the "social media thing" - checking Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, & my blog. I often question myself for doing that daily. HOWEVER, I'm always drawn closer to God through connecting with others, praying for people & encouraging others in their daily walk. A lot of the time that I'm online, I'm asking God to keep me focused on what SHE/HE** wants me to do!

This morning's "social media thing" reminded me again of the many blessings that God places in my path every day. I gave thanks that in early 2012 I read Ann Voskamp's book, One Thousand Gifts, and began keeping track of blessings tangibly (through blog posts & pictures). I decided to look through the "JoyDare List" I'd published for August 2014 and make a mental note of the many people who I saw as a blessing that month. I took a few minutes to post a little note on various people's pages letting them know they were one of my blessings for August. Then I updated my Facebook status with:
I just read through my August #JoyDare List & shared with a few of my family members & friends that they were one or more of my three daily "blessings" in August. I really wish more people would jot down just THREE things each day that make them smile or bring them joy or bring them peace or inspire them to be a better person or that make them feel valued by others & by God...
I wonder how many people go through the day and question whether they matter or have a positive influence on those around them & the world? I wonder how many people minimize the seemingly "small joys" that happen in their day-to-day lives and don't credit God for the little things?  How many people only give God credit for the big, flashy stuff? For me that's robbing God of the credit for all the joys we experience. And, personally, I believe that God is the source of all JOY! I often need to look back on my "JoyDares" - those daily reminders of God's loving kindness - on the days which don't seem great at all. 

How many people would have a better life if they just kept track of 3 positive things a day? I think everyone, even those who don't share my beliefs about God, can benefit from making note of 3 positive things a day! If you keep a list, I'd love to see yours! Please comment on this post or send me a note!

I know we're all different. But, I have a few Christian friends whom I think would benefit from counting blessings & allowing the blessings to be even the small, every-day things. Here's a great verse for those of us who profess to believe in and strive to be like the God of Abraham...

"Restore us, O LORD, and bring us back to you again! Give us back the joys we once had!" Lamentations 5:21
Blessings to you, my friends... every day :)

*Psalm 119:133 
"Order my steps in thy word: and let not any iniquity have dominion over me." KJV"Guide my steps by your word, so I will not be overcome by evil." NLT
** It's difficult for me to refer to God as HER... but, why not? What are YOUR thoughts on a SHE God & a HE God at the same time?

9/4/14 #JoyDare No. 2911. calling out my friends & family members!

No comments:

Post a Comment