Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

18 July 2014

#JoyDare No. 2767. Beds Made Before Noon

... and then there are those mornings when the caregiver of a little one, whether that caregiver be Mommy, Daddy, G'Parent or someone else, just pushes things aside on the kitchen table for their own breakfast plate :) I post a lot of pictures via Twitter and on my blog & my Facebook page that might give the appearance that I have it all together. Let's just keep it real... I don't. 


Our "Castle TreeHouse" for the first 44 of our 54 days here at Chautauqua is small... VERY SMALL!  And, taking care of a toddler full-time (while mommy takes classes) is something that takes a LOT of time & energy. This morning I found myself preparing her breakfast & then pushing things aside to carve out a place for my own plate. I had to chuckle over the things I was dining beside.


I glanced up from my seat at the table & caught a glimpse of our bedroom. I smiled as I saw the two single beds (aka a trundle bed!) all made up & ready to serve as a place for changing diapers and changing clothes. That will be our place to sit to read a book or play a game. If we get a chance, we'll watch a portion of a movie (a KIDS MOVIE, of course) sitting there. The upper bed is my writing spot while the baby plays with toys, puzzles & baby dolls in her Pack N Play. Writing time is quite limited these days too :)

When I caught the view in front of me, I said...
Celebrate the little things & don't get stressed by something that seems to be a big thing today!
So, one of my "JoyDares" for the day is having the beds made before noon! 


No comments:

Post a Comment