Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

27 June 2014

PAIRINGS - Yeah... They Deserve That!

A thought came to me as I read a passage of scripture this morning:
Beware not to diagnose the troubles another is experiencing as payback for something. God has his reasons for some things to happen.
Am I the only one who has to check my attitude when thoughts like this come to mind...
... after all, look at the family they came from
... what do you expect when you hang out with that crowd
... you made your bed - lie in it 
... I wonder what choices they made to end up in that mess
I was reminded this morning that there are times when it can be said and SHOULD be said... 



 "It was not because of his sins or his parents’ sins," Jesus answered. "This happened so the power of God could be seen in him." John 9:3 NLT
God allows some things to happen so that His power can be seen by others & by the person walking the difficult path. It's happened in my life. And, there were times when I felt as though others were trying to figure out what I did wrong to get in that mess :) Granted, there are times when my choices or actions result in a tough time. But, there are times, for ALL of us, when God is just working on another story that will come to light another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment