Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

19 May 2014

PAIRINGS - A House By The Sea

Since being a young child & a family vacation in a camper along the Atlantic Ocean on the Outer Banks of North Carolina one summer, I've dreamed of having a house by the sea. I dreamed of the sounds of the sea in the night & the hint of daybreak on the waves. I'll mostly like have to wait until heaven for my "house by the sea". But, my drive home through the newly tilled and planted corn fields of Indiana tonight gave me a feeling that I was living near the sea...

I've lived near the sea before... and spent many a sunrise and sunset walking along it's shore. There's just something about the colors of the sky reflected in the water. On calm days it's almost like a mirror. Tonight was like that I as drove slowly home through my Indiana fields...

I've kidded with people before saying that I want a "waterfront house" even if it means my lawn has poor drainage. We have a little bit of that at this home :) The huge amount of rain we've received in this area in just the past few days has overflowed our creeks & flooded our fields. You can see new sprouts of corn popping up everywhere. I'm hoping the amount of water won't hinder their growth.

I have to admit it, I loved the views driving home tonight. I caught a glimpse of the view... from my house by the sea... in heaven.
“Don’t store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal. Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal.Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be." Matthew 6:19-21

Linking with Ann Voskamp - A Holy Experience today... 

No comments:

Post a Comment