Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

18 February 2014

Doing Nothing & Then Resting

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and then to rest afterwards." 

Don't you just LOVE that Spanish proverb. There are just those days or seasons in our lives when we need to do nothing... and then rest.  

This morning felt like that to me. I am growing weary of all the snow, ice & sub-zero temperatures here in "stuckinindiana" land. We have lived in this state for over 24 years & never seen a winter like this. I'm fortunate, as I don't have a traditional job which requires me to leave early each morning for a full day away. But, my loved ones do. And, I hate for them to have to drive in this dangerous mess. Although I don't have a "real job", I have responsibilities which require me to be out & about throughout the week. This crazy (cray cray, as the kids say) weather does not work with my little yellow car with racing tires either! There are times when I can't even make it out of the drive over the SMALL snow drifts (6-12 inches) or up the little hill to the main road. Yesterday afternoon one of my car doors froze shut in the sleet as I was at an appointment. It's a gamble to go out for me & that little yellow car!

I'm missing the beaches of south Florida that were my back yard for about 15 years. I miss walking barefoot at water's edge as the sun comes up. I miss the roar of the ocean on a windy night. I miss finding secluded places on the beach to relax & read... and to listen to God. I can't go to my beaches physically at this point in my life. So, I'm a mental traveler most days -- especially today! 

I'm only resting for a bit today. But, I'm letting God renew me through the moments as I rest in Him & reflect upon his faithfulness & love!

Take time... MAKE TIME to rest & be renewed!
This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says: “Only in returning to me and resting in me will you be saved. In quietness and confidence is your strength." Isaiah 30:15
 

Linking with Ann Voskamp - A Holy Experience today...

No comments:

Post a Comment