Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

22 July 2013

Chapter 13718

After beginning about 25 different projects, I just sat down to rest a moment & updated my Facebook status...
I'm tearing up my house today... and hoping to put it back together sometime soon :)

My mind's FULL of thoughts today. We've had a bumpy week to say the least. And... I'm just plain worn out. That never helps my attitude. But, I'm hanging in there & looking beyond myself for strength, provision, guidance, and much, much more! 

In times like these I tend to be anti-social. I love my newer home (yep, still praying that the other one sells SOON). I love looking out into fields here that go for miles and miles, walking along pastures of bleating goats as they run toward me hoping for a handful of clover, eating more than I should of the cherry tomatoes on the way back from harvesting in our garden, hearing bird songs in preparation of the sun's rising and as the night approaches... should I go on? Yet, I continue to struggle not to be anti-social -- with going to church on Sundays being about the only time I want to show my face in public! 

The LOML (love of my life aka husband) & I are entering a new chapter in our lives as we welcome one of our adult children & a sweet, little baby into our home for a season. In about 4 weeks our other "young adult child" will return to Ohio to begin his junior year of college. And well, we won't be EMPTY NESTING it this fall. The four of us will be inconvenienced to some extent with these changes. As for me, those inconveniences will be faced with the belief that this is a VERY GOOD thing in all of our lives. It's a new chapter with great possibilities. For now, there's plenty of housework to make things work in this house as we add two more loved ones to our home. Certain projects that weren't at all crucial (like cleaning out the guest room) have become important as we "re-work" things around here.

So for today, I'm tearing up things... so that things can be made new :)





HIS WORDS:
"For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland." Isaiah 43:19

Linking with Ann Voskamp at One Thousand Gifts

No comments:

Post a Comment