Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

05 March 2013

Whether this Weather... or something like that!


Whether this weather affects our attitude or not, we can't change it :/ A few weeks ago I was commenting on our spring-like weather for the middle of February. Now I am tempted to complain about the winter storm which is laying a blanket of white on everything, as I write this note, on the 5th of March. Doesn't March mean spring?? 

I work part time for NorthKids and, as the parents came in to pick up their children today, the number one topic was WEATHER! Both of Madison Park Church's child care facilities (NorthKids & Kids Learning Center) announce any delays or closures via the radio on WQME 98.7 and via television onWISH-TV Channel 8. I'm kind of hoping for a closure tomorrow. The snow is coating everything & my drive-time home tonight was more than doubled due to slippery roads!


I'm about DONE with snow... but, snow might not be done with me quite yet. Often the only way for me to make it through a "bad" situation is to change my attitude. Voltaire said, 


"Each player must accept the cards life deals him or her; but once they are in hand, he or she alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game."



I believe that I can "win the game" only when I turn things over to God... whether or not things are going just as I think they should go! As His Word says,

"Choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve." Joshua 24:15a

No matter what you are experiencing, stay warm & safe. Put your complete trust in Him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment