Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

30 October 2012

Crazy Reflections! - 31 DAYS OF CRAZY - 30 October 2012


Love this image from Snow White
Mirror Mirror... on the wall...

Has your mind ever spoken the words,  "Who IS that person?"  as you noticed the familiarity in the mirror -- yet the strangeness of a reflection... a reflection of yourself. The other day I caught an alarming glance at a person in the reflection of a window as I entered my home. Who was that person? She looks vaguely familiar but, not at all appealing to my eye.

I don't have a huge problem with the reflection of myself in a mirror when made-up & ready to go somewhere. But, who the heck is that unattractive lady in the reflection of my iPad early in the morning or the glass of the china cabinet in the late evening? I don't think I know her. Is that reflection what others see? It's said that "beauty is only skin deep" and also that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".  But, how do we reconcile the toll that life takes upon what we actually look like?  I'm hoping most of my friends have kind eyes!

I have a close friend (my accountability partner of over 15 years) who lost 100 pounds over the course of 12-14 months. I never noticed it! Why? I saw her almost twice a week for those months. But, more than anything, I saw the person inside the shell of the body.  What we see on the outside is temporal. What we see on the inside is eternal.

I want to be a reflection of more than my face. I want to reflect joy, peace, patience, kindness, hope, and forgiveness. Those reflections do not age. They last forever.  

What are you reflecting? 

His Words
(got this idea from Chase Tibbs' blog; using it because i love the words of God)
  • "So God created human beings in His own image. In the image of God he created them; male and female he created them." Genesis 1:27
  • "Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known." 1 Corinthians 13:12
  • "So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord. And the Lord—who is the Spirit—makes us more and more like him as we are changed into His glorious image." 2 Cor 3:18
  • "But now is the time to get rid of anger, rage, malicious behavior, slander, and dirty language. Don't lie to each other, for you have stripped off your old sinful nature and all its wicked deeds. Put on your new nature, and be renewed as you learn to know your Creator and become like Him." Colossians 3:8-10

Go check out over 1200 topics
in the 31 days {of change} with...


No comments:

Post a Comment