Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

14 August 2012

Coincidence? I Think Not...

This morning I woke up & followed my custom of reading my first devotional via the YouVersion.com app on my phone. It read...  
Our care for others is a measure of our greatness. How much concern do you show to others? This is a vital question that can accurately measure your greatness in God's eyes. How have you expressed your care for others lately, especially the helpless, the needy, the poor-those who can't return your love and concern? Your honest answer to that question will give you a good idea of your real greatness. 
Jesus said,  “Anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf welcomes me, and anyone who welcomes me also welcomes my Father who sent me. Whoever is the least among you is the greatest.”  Luke 9:48 NLT 
My heart was touched and, I was immediately impressed to copy & share the devotional on the Women's Ministries Facebook page for our church.  So I posted the short devotional & scripture on the page without refreshing the page to see what had been recently added by others.
Imagine my surprise when the page refreshed & I saw what had been posted just minutes before by Dove Harbora safe haven for women & children in crisis...
Extremely thankful to be sharing our Saturday morning with The Encourager's Group, from Madison Park Church of God! THANK YOU so much for helping us transform 2 rooms into "homes" for 2 families! What a blessing this morning has been, as well as a privilege to serve with such a wonderful group of volunteers!

This is just one of the MANY wonderful Madison Park groups who support the Dove Harbor ministry...what a great group of women and a few good men!! THANK YOU!
Coincidence?  I think not! I believe that at the moment the Lord was impressing me to post that devotional, that He was impressing Dove Harbor to write their post on our page.  God's timing is always PERFECT!

What a blessing to have been a part of such a great "coincidence" orchestrated by God!

No comments:

Post a Comment