Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

13 February 2012

Winter Blues? Watch GULP

I tweet...  for Women's Ministries at Madison Park Church under the name of @MadisonPkWomen  Have you noticed, as I have, that SO much of the news today is discouraging.  I purposefully searched for a positive site for encouraging, uplifting news.  I just started following @TheGoodReport  I've not been disappointed at all.  


Since I struggle with seasonal depression, the title to their link caught my eye.  Life is a matter of perspective.  Sometimes the things that seem the most frightening and overwhelming open doors for wonderful things to happen!  


Take a look at...
Winter Blues? Watch GULP. Stop Motion Brilliance Filmed On A Beach


This year I began doing Ann Voskamp's 1000 Gifts Joy Dare.  In "naming" and listing three simple things that bring me joy each day, I'm reminded of all the GIFTS out there ready to be had -- if we will just open our eyes.  Finding joy in the simplest things can make all the difference.

Winter makes me feel tired & weak. But, I chose to be strong! As it states in Nehemiah 8:10: "And he continued, 'Go and celebrate... and share gifts... This is a sacred day before our Lord. Don't be dejected and sad, for the joy of the LORD is your strength!'" 

Strength in Joy


Start listing 3 things which bring you JOY each day.  One of mine today just might be peanut butter toast & a glass of cold milk.  Get stronger... when you name things which bring you joy!







No comments:

Post a Comment