Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

17 February 2012

Wasting Precious Time


Tick Tock! Tick Tock!
There aren't enough minutes in the day. 
Do you ever feel this way? Are there things that you are convicted to do on any given day that don't happen? 

I struggled with those regretful feelings for years & years. I still have to remind myself that God doesn't intend my sincere service to Him to be a struggle. 

When walking early in the morning a few years ago, I was talking to God about not having enough time. I "heard" a voice in my heart say, "You have just as many minutes in your day as everyone else on the planet. I've given you enough time to do what I need you to do TODAY!" Since that time I've tried not to rake myself over the coals for what might have felt like missed opportunities AND to trust that God's timing will cover my service for Him.

Even for those who don't claim Christ as their Lord, I think this is a great thought:  

"Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? And, if worry can't accomplish a little thing like that, what's the use of worrying over bigger things?"

Don't waste precious time second guessing things that are in the past OR how God will use what you offer up to Him in the moment of genuine love & service!

Linking with Ann Voskamp - A Holy Experience today... 



No comments:

Post a Comment