Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

20 January 2012

I Got Grabbed Today...



Sometimes... things just GRAB me!

It can be a shadow cast by the setting sun...

or the smell in the air from a flower or a spring shower...

or the sound of brook rolling over stones on it's way...

or the whispered sigh of a person passing me on the street... 


or the reflection in a pool of water...

or the lyrics of a poem or song...

This morning it was the lyrics of a song - the beginning line of one of the songs being sung by John Tibbs in the Crossroads services at Madison Park Church this weekend. The song is "Christ is Risen," (sung by Matt Maher). The opening line speaks to all of us...


"Let no one caught in sin remain inside the light of inward shame. We fix our eyes upon the cross & run to Him who showed great love... and bled for us... "




WOW! (I use that word a lot... but, seriously, WOW!) Let not ONE of us wallow in self-pity & shame... but claim the restoration & healing from our God!  Turn from the past.  Embrace the hope of a bright future.

"For God, in all His fullness, was pleased to live in Christ, and through Him, God reconciled everything to Himself. He made peace with everything in heaven and on earth by means of Christ's blood on the cross." Colossians 1:19-20

Taken at Miller Chapel, School of Theology,
Anderson University - Anderson, IN

No comments:

Post a Comment