Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

13 January 2012

All I Really Need Today...

I don't want to get dressed & go anywhere today. It looks like a snow globe out of my window! I want to stay inside all by myself. I want to settle down with a nice cup of hot cocoa & listen to music or watch a mindless romantic comedy by a roaring fireplace. And, I don't really feel like making dinner for anyone (including me!).

Sometimes the simple things feel like all we really need on a given day. Other days, the simple things don't feel like enough!

 
My proclamation for today & for every day is that... HE IS ALL I NEED! God said, "My gracious favor is all you need. My power works best in your weakness." Paul replied, "So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may work through me." 2 Corinthians 12:19. I'm weak a lot -- especially in the winter months. I can take all the help I can get. Thanks God!

Paul also said in Philippians 4:19, "And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus."

Someone who can create a living snow globe outside of my window one day & paint a breath-taking sunset on another day, is there reminding me daily of all of his glorious riches & gifts to us. His glorious riches are abundant. All we need to do is open our eyes.

My words to God... "O Lord, let me echo YOUR Word in my heart. Let those words be played out in the story of my life!"

Some days I want to stay in but, I also know that I really need community. I know I need to be in communion with God & his bride (the church). Are you a part of a weekly worship gathering? I am. It's a commitment I've made regardless of how I actually "feel" on any given Sunday. I'm looking forward to this coming Sunday at Madison Park Church. 

What will God think? Will He find my worship sweet? As told in John 4:23-24, "if we worship Him in spirit & truth, we offer true worship - the kind for which He longs." And, I can tell you, in the winter months, if I'm going to be truthful with God, I'm going to have to admit to Him that I struggle with being out & about. But, my obedience is part of my worship. And, He always honors that.  

Worship is between YOU and God. No one can worship for you. No one else can show God what His worth to you is. But, we can't worship just on our own. God desires us to be in community... God has given us all we need and, often those needs are met through community with other children of God. 

But for the moment, I shall enjoy the quiet peaceful home... I shall sit by the fire... I shall trust in the protection of God's angels... I shall seek to know Him better in the quietness...

All of this... knowing that God will give me the nudge that I need on Sunday to meet in His house and on other days to do what He needs me to do out in His world.

And I will reflect, each day, upon the words of God shared by the Psalmist in Psalm 46:10, 
"Be still & know that I am God." 
In the winter months, I'm good at being still :)
 

(written 01/13/12)


Shared with the #1000Gifts Community with Ann Voskamp... 







2 comments:

  1. Delighted to be reminded of this timeless message, ( He is ALL we need ). He really is! Love & prayers, in Jesus, Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cynthia, thanks so much for your words of affirmation. I definitely need the reminder myself on many occasions too.

      Delete