Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

26 October 2011

Mean Parent Award?

As I've said TONS of times, parenting is NOT for the faint of heart!  Sometimes we have to make choices, set boundaries, say "NO", and other things that are not at all well-received by our children. 

How many times have you heard this... 
  • the King James Version of Proverbs 22:6, "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." 
  • the New Living Translation of Proverbs 22:6, "Teach your children to choose the right path, and when they are older, they will remain upon it." 
I must honestly admit that my prayer has often been, “Dear God, Please let my children GET old.” Today I claim that verse & vow to continue to make the right choices for them - even when those choices are difficult to make & not well-received!

(written 10/08/11)

No comments:

Post a Comment