Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

03 August 2011

When I Can't See... I Claim Promises...

Some days I just don't SEE... so, I trust in promises. I seem to be having a LOT of days lately when I don't see how this mess can turn out okay. I am living on promises!! We're promised in Isaiah 40:30, 
"... those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint." 
What great promises - new strength, not getting weary, etc. Why do I make such a big deal of my troubles?

Isaiah 40 - always worth reading :)

Did someone expect ME to come along and relate so well to these words :)

"How can you say the LORD does not see your troubles? ... how can you say God ignores your rights? Have you never heard? Have you never understood? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth. He never grows weak or weary. No one can measure the depths of his understanding. He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless. Even youths will become weak and tired, and young men will fall in exhaustion. But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength.They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint." Isaiah 40
I needed to be reminded of those promises today. Some days it's ESPECIALLY necessary for me to live by faith & not by sight. How about you?


Linking with Ann Voskamp - A Holy Experience today... 

No comments:

Post a Comment