Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

03 August 2011

Dying of Thirst Lately?

It was a particularly bad summer that year. The weather had been a SCORCHER in central Indiana (and in a HUGE portion of the nation)! Even long after the sun had set, the heat index was 10-15 degrees over the air temperature -- and HOT! Plants suffered; animals suffered; people suffer! And, all the advise the media seemed to give was...
DRINK LOTS OF WATER & STAY COOL!
Photo by T. Getz
Have you ever felt like you could just not quench your thirst? I remember a time a few years back when I was driving through the Central Valley in California in a car without air conditioning & thought I was going to die. Having lived in south Florida for many years on the beach, I've always been a fan of hot days. But, let me tell you... thirst can be a real killer. 

Does your soul thirst for something and long to have that thirst quenched? Have you gone through times in your life where you felt you couldn't move on without something refreshing to provide energy. 


Well, 'the One sitting on the throne' said,
"I am the Alpha and the Omega—the Beginning and the End. To all who are thirsty I will give freely from the springs of the water of life." Revelation 21:6 NLT
My times of spiritual famine & thirst have attested to God's word, 
"With joy you will drink deeply from the fountain of salvation!" Isaiah 12:3 NLT

I'm thankful that my God promises to meet my every need. As Jesus said in John 4:14, "... those who drink the water I give will never be thirsty again. It becomes a fresh, bubbling spring within them, giving them eternal life." 

Here's a link to an older song, There is a River, recorded by the Gaither Vocal Band. It always brings peace to my soul in all the struggles of life. 



There is a River... that never shall run dry!


No comments:

Post a Comment