Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

29 April 2011

I Am A Voice in the Wilderness


Each week I pray & ask God to tell me what to say in this section.  The Word is full of great promises & ways that we can draw nearer to God & be used more effectively by Him.  So, finding something GREAT to share from God's Word isn't a hard thing at all.  My goal is to allow God to make the choice of what I share each week in order to fit into HIS plan for that day/week :) 

In reading John 1 this week, I was reminded over & over of a play that Highland High School's Music & Drama Departments did a few years ago, "Godspell" - adapting the 1973 play & movie.  In the New Testament, when asked by the priests & temple assistants if he was the Promised Messiah, John told them flat out, NO.  When they asked, "Well, then who are you, he replied In John 1:23:  ... in the words of Isaiah: "'I am a voice shouting in the wilderness, `Prepare a straight pathway for the Lord's coming!'"  I especially LOVE the fact that John said I am A voice... instead of I am THE voice.  Each of us can be a voice shouting in the wilderness, Prepare Ye The Way of The Lord :)  

Here's a link from Godspell where John is helping PREPARE THE WAY OF THE LORD:
As said in Ephesians 2:10, "... we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the good things He planned for us long ago."  There's lots to do out there that God planned for YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment